Thursday 7 April 2011

My Current Make-Up Regime – Part 2 – Concealer & Powder

Concealer

If you read my post “Concealer Hunt” then you’ll know that I don’t yet have an ideal one and I’m currently using a bit of a mixture depending on how much time I have and what is to hand.


Maybelline Superstay 24hr Concealer – this is what I use most days as it’s so easy – I dab it over my lips as a base, put a little dot at the nose crease to hide redness, and then sweep a bit over my eyelids, again to disguise redness. Once dabbing is done, and this takes only a few seconds, I rub it all in which again is a really quick process.


Bare Minerals ID Foundation – this comes out when some serious spot coverage is needed! I collect the tiniest amount of powder on the end of concealer brush and just dot it onto any blemishes. This is actually a mineral foundation but I have just never got on with mineral foundations, but I haven’t found anything better for disguising those pesky spots that I soooo should be rid of at my age!


L’oreal Touche Magique-  this is another easy to use product with a simple twist of the tube to get a little product onto the inbuilt brush. It’s a really great colour and really does brighten as it should – great for the under eye area and down the sides of the nose. I don’t consider this an essential part of my routine though, and really only do it when I have bags of time (or just bags!) and/or for a special occasion. 

Face Powder

Sad I know, but this is the bit I enjoy the most – you put on that dusting of powder and you have a nice blank and  as perfect as it gets canvas with which to paint on your style of choice :0)

I did have a very favourite and now much missed face powder by Bourjois. It was Bourjois Pastel Teint Pressed Powder but is sadly no more…. . The Pastel Teint was silky and beautifully soft on the skin, matt enough to cover shine but no cakiness at all, and it even smelt wonderful. I did persevere and continue to buy it on Ebay but alas that soon wore thin. So, I’m currently trialling the two below which so far are pretty much identical and a bit blah.

Gosh Pressed Powder  


Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

Any recommendations for a really nice face powder?

No comments:

Post a Comment