Wednesday 16 February 2011

Lilash Eye Serum



Lilash Eye Serum has been one of those “I’m sure it doesn’t really do what it says but I’ll try it anyway” products that has ended up surprising me by actually working! I should probably start by saying that it costs at least £99 so it’s not cheap, and I bought it with some Christmas money over a year ago thinking I would probably be disappointed but at least my curiosity would be satisfied.

I have tried and tried with false eyelashes, and I don’t have the dexterity or patience with them at all, not to mention that I feel like I look slightly drag queenesque when I do actually manage to get a pair to stay on! So you can see the temptation of a serum you just brush on nightly and it produces long lushes lashes in 4-6 weeks….

Yeh right says Kaz, but unbelievably, this product really does work. I wish I’d taken a picture of my eyelashes before starting to use the stuff, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn’t it. I have a bit of a weird way of knowing that they have grown quite a bit though – I get oily skin daily (what’s that to do with eyelashes I hear you cry, but bear with me). What I have noticed now is that my upper eyelashes actually deposit mascara onto my eyes by the end of the day (I’m assuming the oil grabs it) where the lashes are now long enough to be touching my eyelid. I hope that makes sense. I told you it was weird!

It’s really simple to use – the brush is like an eyeliner brush and you sweep it along your lash line once nightly after you’ve taken your make up off, and leave it to do it’s thing. The only slight downside I would say is that my eyelids have been a bit red and sensitive since using it, but as I wear an eye base everyday anyway, it wasn’t a deal breaker for me. I’ve literally only just ran out of it too, so it lasts about a year (taking into account I don’t always remember to use it!).

Now that I’ve run out, I’m going to try a cheaper version called Rapid lash, that I bought on Amazon for £27. I’ll let you know how they are looking in 4-6 weeks. Fingers crossed! J Here is the before and after photos from the Lilash Website.


No comments:

Post a Comment