Wednesday 2 March 2011

Olay Regenerist SPF 30 Flawless Skin Cream

Finally I got round to dipping into my Christmas book – “Don’t go to the Cosmetics counter without me” and was delighted to find a day cream (Olay)  with an SPF of 30 that was highly recommended. I’m always on the look out for a high SPF day cream that won’t feel too thick and greasy and clog up my skin. In fact, if it helps with shine and mattifies, all the better, as I must admit I have a bit of a “glow” going on in the T Zone usually by late morning!

I had a favourite – Dermalogica oil free matte SPF20 moisturizer. Not only did it mattify, it smelt gorgeous, kind of like a beach (yes really!), but alas they stopped making it. I now use Zenmed oil free SPF30 which I also love, but I can’t buy it in the UK, and have to order it online with crazy postage prices and a long wait for it’s arrival.

Not only does it claim to be fast absorbing and non-greasy, Olay regenerist SPF30 Flawless Skin Cream also promises to protect you from both UVA and UVB rays, whilst bringing you visibly younger and more even-looking skin with its amino-peptide complex. I was full of hope just reading it!

Good Points – the smell is divine, and the cream has a beautiful texture and smooths on like a dream. It does sink into the skin well and doesn’t feel too greasy. Foundation seemed to go on well over the top although I could feel that it wasn’t completely matt. The bottle is a nice size, pretty looking, with a handy pump dispenser.

Bad Points – Price – its £29.99 a bottle. I was also surprised to read a couple of the Boots.com reviews that said they found it non-greasy but then I think there was a mention of dry skin – for me I could feel the difference between this and my usual matt moisturizers within an hour or so. My foundation started to do that awful “gathering” thing and looked and felt like a layer of war paint. Eeeurgh!

The conclusion for me unfortunately is a resounding no good, but I do have to say that it might work for someone with dry skin. There are many days (mostly when a big pimple makes an appearance) that I wish I had that particular problem, but I guess the grass is always greener eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment