Thursday 20 June 2013

Conks Masks – Alternative to Biore Pore Cleansing Strips

For those of you that missed it, I posted a video on my You Tube channel entitled “Biore Pore Cleansing Strips Dupe” which was for the Revitale pore cleansing strips that were so much cheaper than Biore but just as good in my opinion. I’ll put the link below in case you want to check out the video.


Anyhoo, in my video I said that one of the things I loved about the Revitale deep cleansing strips is that it wasn’t quite as painful to remove as the Biore one. In response to this, one of my lovely viewers left a comment saying, “You should try conk masks, they are really painful”. At first I was amused by the comment thinking, “I’ve just said that I preferred the Revitale strips because they are LESS painful, why would I want to try something that is more painful?!”

Well, I can’t deny that my interest was peaked and I decided to check them, so I jumped onto Ebay. I was delighted to see that I could buy 5 of these so called conk masks for about £2.50, so I did.

When they arrived I was bemused to find that all the instructions were in Korean, but I figured how hard could it be. Put the face mask on, wait until it dries, and wash it off. Simples.

The mask itself is blackest black, which I found quite novel. It goes on fairly smooth although I did notice tiny little holes in the surface, no idea why. I put it across my chin, and a little on my nose, but there was plenty enough to cover my whole face.

I was delighted to quickly see that the mask was drying into a peel off type of mask, as opposed to one that needed washing off – I had feared for the life of my flannels if I had to remove them that way. It only took about 10 mins and it was ready for peeling, and the great thing was that it all came off in one go. Some peel off masks leave lots of residue and you need to sort of roll the remainder off, but not so with this. I found that the removal was no more painful than pore strips.

A few days later I got brave and put the mask all over my face and waited for the satisfying peeling moment. Well, this is when the pain began and I realised what my viewer had been talking about. Oh the pain! My chin and nose were fine, but the tender cheek and face area was so sore. I think these conk masks are great at deep cleansing, and quite interesting and easy to use, especially for the price, but my lesson has been learnt. I will only now use them in the less sensitive T-Zone!


Have you tried them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment