Saturday 26 February 2011

Deborah Lippmann “Bad Romance” Nail Polish

(GaGa blackened fuschia -glitter)



With my silk nail extensions still in place (miracle!), but bored of the fading French manicure, I decided to give something different a go. The Bad Romance glittery Gaga inspired polish seemed like just the cookie for me! I'm not sure why it's called blackened Fuschia though, as I thought Fuschia was pink  confused smiley #17452

The bottle is beautiful and the polish itself looks different to other sparkly polishes in that is has larger speckles of glitter, almost like tiny sequins. I was sure it wouldn’t look as great on my nails as it did in the bottle, but as you can see, it aint half bad :0)  

Another problem I envisaged (a pessimist? Me? I don’t know what you mean hehe), was how difficult it might be to apply and to get the glitter bits spread evenly. I was again pleasantly surprised – it’s very thick and I started off with the usual wiping most of it off and painting on a thin layer but that just paints an almost black polish with little glitter. I tried again using a full brushful, and hey presto, one coat is all it takes. It takes a few tries to get the right technique, with a little bit of almost dabbing along the nail, but once mastered, it’s easy as pie. (Not that I’ve ever baked a pie, nor do I think it'd be particularly easy, where DO these sayings come from).

At £16 each, these are not cheap, but I haven’t seen anything else quite like them on the market, so perhaps worth it for special occasions? There are several other yummy sparkly colours pictured below, and they do of course do the usual non sparkly range of colours at £14.  

Only one bad thing to say - it's HELL to remove the polish with the non acetone remover you have to use on false nails. Be prepared to go through a wad of cotton wool and use plenty of elbow grease!





No comments:

Post a Comment