Tuesday 22 February 2011

OMH – OMG!

OMH Therapies – Neck, Back, and Shoulder Massage

I have to tell the world about a wonderful discovery here in Edinburgh. It’s called OMH Therapies and is an oasis of calm, and I don’t say that lightly. Like many people I know, I hold tension in my neck and shoulders, and am eternally on the hunt for a massage therapist that can work out those tension knots. What I’ve found is that there aren’t that many therapists who can really “get in there” so to speak , and even so called Deep Tissue Massages have left me feeling relaxed yes, but still with the same knots and tension.

I’m a highly strung person, always on the move, and don’t usually find beauty salons or spa’s etc, particularly relaxing until the point I’m actually having the therapy, and even then I find it hard to switch my mind off and fully relax. Not so when I entered OMH therapies. You step down one small step and immediately you get the wonderful aroma of incense (not overpowering as can sometimes be the case) and there is a feeling of being welcome. The big open plan space is full of beautiful dark wood, cushions, and therapy chairs and soft background music playing. I was greeted with a genuine smile from Emily, and the team are dressed beautifully in traditional Sari’s which adds to the feeling that you have stepped away from the city for a moment. Emily herself seemed very calm, gentle, and warm which immediately put me at ease.

From the moment the actual treatment started, I felt totally confident in my therapist and managed to immediately relax into it and enjoy the experience. The treatment was gentle but firm, and I could feel the exacts points of tension being manipulated and released but without any pain, in addition to feeling a release in parts of my back I didn’t even realise were tense! By the end I already felt much looser and lighter somehow and the headache I had felt coming on had disappeared.

After the treatment you are given a refreshing cup of water with a hint of orange and mint, and left to gather yourself with no feeling of being rushed at all. The whole experience was a pleasant surprise. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t expect it to be horrible, but I am so critical that it isn’t often something happens like this that A. makes me so relaxed and so quickly, and B. ticks all the boxes with no criticisms!

Further details here: http://www.omhtherapies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment