Wednesday 16 March 2011

Acrylic Nails

Yes yes, nails again, I’m all about the nails lately I know. Maybe that’s to do with the diamond recently put on a certain finger :0)

Unimpressed as I was with the silk nails I had done (see my review in February), I decided to go for the much tougher Acrylic. You may recall that my last experience of Acrylic nails was when one of them ripped right off with my natural nail attached to it, ouch. So, Acrylics for me were a brave move but I know they are strong and I know what to watch out for this time!

My salon of choice was Nailzone in Glasgow (Hope St), and from the moment I sat down I felt like I had made the right choice. I knew I’d be leaving with a much better looking set of nails than the sorry excuses I went in with. The salon is very pink and girlie and the girls are smiley and friendly and I got a lovely cuppa before the nail magic began.
You can see the end result in the photo above and I think they look amazing. I can honestly say it’s the best set of false nails I’ve had….ever. The technical work that went on to get them looking like they did was pretty darn impressive too – there is no white tip painted on, and neither is it a false white tip, but rather it is sculpted from white acrylic. 

Perhaps more impressive for my sensitive skin is that I had no cuts or stinging at all which is a first for my poor hands – they usually look and feel like a cats been at them.

It has been 2 weeks since they were done and this is how they are looking now….



The UV Gel top coat that was put on means I’ve been able to put on coloured nail polish and remove when required with no damage or detrimental effect to the French manicure look underneath. Winner :0)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment