Monday 18 February 2013


Sensational "Ocean Sparkle" LED Nail Polish
(Using Red Carpet Manicure 3 Week Nail Polish System)

I have to be honest, I’ve never been a fan of the colour “Teal”, so when I bought a new LED nail polish from Boots that I thought was a lovely bright blue, and it turned out more teal, I was disappointed. However, having run out of colour choices in what I had and fancying something new, I decided to give it a go and see how I felt.

The great thing about LED nail polish is that it’s there for 3 weeks, but if you don’t like it you can put normal nail polish over the top as many times as you like and remove it with acetone free nail polish remover, and the gel colour is still perfect and shiny underneath.

Anyhoo, its really growing on me is this teal colour! What do you think?

For those of you not familiar with the Red Carpet Manicure nail system, it’s like the “Shellac” or “Gellish” you get in Salons and it’s basically nail polish that lasts for up to 3 weeks (sometimes longer) and can be removed by soaking in acetone (although I naughtily just peel mine off).

The full kit can be bought from Harvey Nichols for about £90 for the fastest drying lamp but Boots also do their own system and nail polish now. I’ve also seen a few on Amazon but I’m not sure I’d trust buying the whole kit from there in case something went wrong.

 
I’ve done a full review of the Red Carpet Manicure system and explain how to use it on my You Tube channel – you can watch it here if you are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG_B9kYt0i8
 
The polish I have on in the photo is Ocean Sparkle from the Sensational range in Boots. You can buy polishes in all sorts of colours from Harvey Nichols for about £12.95, and you can also buy Libse and Fusion polishes which work just as well, from Amazon, for about the same price (but some different colour choices). Amazon also sell a brand called Yesurprise for £5.50 so I’m going to try one of those out soon and will let you know if they work ok.

Since buying the kit over a year ago, I haven’t had to replace any of the sundries such as base coat, top coat, prep lotion etc, and I LOVE this kit, I would totally recommend it. It’s particularly good when you go on holiday with it lasting so long and it’s good for both fingers and toes.

I’ve just ordered this colour from Amazon, can’t wait to try it out, how pretty is it huh? :0)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment