Wednesday 13 February 2013


Travel Beauty Ideas
 
Hello Ladies! That’s me just back from my honeymoon, and I had an amazing time. With going away for so long, I had worried how I’d fit all my beauty “essentials” into my case and still have room left for clothes and I also didn’t want to pay excess baggage costs if possible. So, I made it my mission to find as many light and compact items as possible, and here’s what I found:

Fashionista Blush & Bronze

 
These are the most perfect little blushers & bronzers that come in varied colours and finishes and are compact, light, but also a really good quality product. You can buy them in Superdrug and they cost £4 each. Being so compact meant I could take a pink and a peach coloured blusher with me as even 2 of them were smaller than most blushes. I love that they have a matt bronzer in the range too.  I have a review of two of these on my video channel here if you want more info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmqLatSs8IY

Dove Soap
 
 


 

This may seem like an odd entry but bear with me! I didn’t know how much shower gel to take and so thought I’d give soap another go (I stopped using it years ago as it dried out my skin). What I also discovered on holiday was that it is a great substitute for shaving foam! I was surprised to find a renewed love of soap as this is really moisturizing with it being ¼ moisturizing cream and it has that really fresh scent that I’d describe as fresh linen. Yum. Costing 70p a bar and I reckon lasting months, it’s a massive bargain. Give it a go, you might love it too :0)

Anyone with any other soap recommendations? I see a soap obsession in my future…..

Elf clarifying face powder

 

This is tiniest face powder I have ever found and at £1.49 from Eyes Lips and Face, there’s no reason to grumble. It comes in seven different shades so there is plenty to choose from – I went for Ivory and it was fine for me. It’s a lovely creamy consistency and I’d say is a light coverage when used with a brush, or medium with a puff. It’s very slim packaging but still manages to have plenty of product in it. It even comes with a powder puff which means you can leave your powder brush at home.

 
Vichy Dermablend foundation

 

I’ve wanted to try this foundation for years, but was put off by the seemingly few colour choices and the colour on the front of the box looked a little dark for me. I finally gave in and purchased the colour Nude and was pleasantly surprised to find that the colour was nothing like the representation on the box! Nude was about right for me (I’d say its more Ivory than Nude and all the colours are lighter than the box shows), and it’s perfect for travelling because it’s in a plastic tube so light and unbreakable, and a nice small but not too small 30ml quantity.

The great thing about this foundation for me is its buildability. I did think it may be too thick being as it was created to cover birth marks and tattoos etc, but the consistency is quite thin and it creates a lovely smooth finish, but can be layered where needed to cover imperfections. It lasts all day too which is a bonus of course. You can buy it for £15.50 at Boots.

 

Accessorize eye shadow palette


I didn’t want to take my expensive and quite heavy MAC eye shadow palette, but I did want to have a selection of eye shadow colours for the evening. I didn’t think I’d be able to find anything suitable until I stumbled across the “Accesorize” eye shadow palette in Superdrug. The palette I chose is the “Lovely” version and has blues, greens, purples, and lots of brown in it, but there are 2 other versions of the palette. The eyeshadows are pretty good – not something I’d use everyday as they don’t compare to MAC at all, but fine for holidays where you don’t want to take bulky packaging or leave expensive stuff in a hotel room. There is a little bit of fall out, ok colour pay off that you can build up, and they last pretty well, and all in a nice little cardboard package with 32 eye shadows in total. I was happy to pay the more than reasonable £7.99 price tag in order to have eye shadow options on my honeymoon.

 
Max Factor mini nail polishes & pot of remover wipes

 

These little polishes with a choice of 18 colours are perfect for travelling and combined with the Boots nail polish removing wipes mean that you can change your nail and toenail polish on holiday without taking up too much space in your case.

I did my gel polish before I went which meant that it would last for the whole 2 weeks chip free, but taking a few of these polishes & remover meant I could still change it up a bit :0)

 

Laura geller highlighter

 

This was an accidental travel item in that I bought it for the highlighter itself and didn’t realise I had bought the small size. I didn’t mind though as it turns out to be a fab highlighter in a mini form so I’m happy. What I love about it is that it’s luminescent rather than sparkly – I’ve been searching a long old time to find a highlighter that doesn’t have sparkly bits in it as those kind show up all my crows feet!

A further plus with this highlighter is it doubled up as a great day eye shadow. Not cheap at £20 from QVC but this includes a creamy yellow waterline pencil to help your eyes look more wide awake, which is also pretty good. I used the highlighter every day on honeymoon and it’s barely made a dent so I think it’ll last quite a while too. 
 
Ebay mini pots
Finally, for the items I could not find in mini or I just wanted specifically to take with me but not in their heavy containers, such as MAC paint pots eye shadow base, MAC studio sculpt concealer, and MAC gel eyeliner, I bought some mini 20ml plastic pots from Ebay and decanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment