Saturday 26 January 2013


Allure Medi Spa Edinburgh
 
I love nothing more than having me a nice facial, and perhaps a massage, but you’ve guessed it, I’m queen of fussiness over the salon. I’m looking for welcoming reception staff, privacy, tell me what you are going to do to me before you do it, and do it well. I don’t want to be cold, or have rough hands on me, but I do want peace and quiet, with soft music and nice smells to take me to that happy place.

Allure Medi Spa is all of the above and actually exceeded my expectations which is pretty rare! Consider that it was a groupon deal I went there with, and it’s even more impressive.

I’ve now been there 4 times, twice for a facial, and twice for a massage. As it’s in Ocean Terminal shopping centre, there is free parking, and if you arrive early you can wander around the centre or Debenhams (which is where the salon is) until its time for your appointment.

When you arrive, you are greeted with a smile and offered a seat in the funky waiting area, and you are given a glass of ice cold water in a wine glass, which starts the whole process off nicely.

The facials provided are “Murad” facials and I have never used their products myself, but I had the Vitamin C infusion facial and the Anti-ageing and blemish control facial, both lasting 60 mins. You are left to get undressed down to your underwear and given a little wardrobe in which to put your clothes and then you get under a snugly duvet and towel. The therapist comes in and the lights are dimmed and the soft music begins.

What I love most about the facials at this salon, are that there is always something happening to you, even when you are just waiting for the face mask to dry – either a neck massage, or a hand and arm massage, or scalp massage. I also love the tingling effect of the products; it really makes you feel like it’s doing something wonderful! Finally, I love the scents of the products and the fact that each step of the facial is removed with an amazing hot flannel which is so relaxing and refreshing. After each facial my skin felt fantastic, and not just for that day, but for about a week after.

The back massage was almost as good and was a blissful experience that left me floating away from the salon. I say almost, only because the massage was not quite as firm as I need to get into the tension in my muscles.

Conversely, I had an awful experience in “Pure Spa” in Ocean Terminal where I had a facial by a woman with rough skin all over her hands that felt like sandpaper, loud music during the treatment, a bright light shining into my eyes from above, and it lasted 15 minutes less than it should have!

If you are looking for a treat, I would highly recommend Allure Medi Spa in Edinburgh. Or watch out for the next groupon and go for it. Enjoy!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment