Sunday 13 January 2013

Update Skincare Regime

Updated Skin Care Regime

Hello Ladies and Happy New Year! (It’s ok to keep saying it till end of Jan no?!). I thought it would be interesting to see how different my current skin regime is, compared to the one I posted in February 2011, as in the run up to my wedding I tried a million and one products! Well, not quite that many but you know, not far off it. 

As well as trying new products for the big day, I also wanted to try and reduce the amount of products I use as I had 3 or 4 different bottles to remove my make up and cleanse, and it seemed excessive. So, the hunt was on for a multipurpose makeup remover that would sweep away my waterproof eye makeup effortlessly AND my face makeup, and a toner that would make my skin feel squeaky clean but be ok to use on the eyes too. Here’s what I’m doing now:


Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Make-up Remover
 
Garnier Simply Essential Toner 200ml  This is my holy grail make up remover for eyes and face. The 2 in 1 title refers to the fact that it is a 2 part lotion – one part oil, one part water, and you just shake before use. What I love love love about this lotion, is that it takes off every single last drop of any kind of makeup, waterproof mascara included, but it doesn’t leave a greasy residue and you don’t have to drag your skin. Cleansing is now effortless! Oh, and it’s £2.99. Bargain.com :0)
 

Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner  
This fulfils my needs perfectly – sweeps away the last remnants of cleanser and dirt, and can also be swept over eyes, for that perfectly clean feeling. Ahhhhh.  Another bargain at £2.99 from good old boots. What would we do without you Boots!

 Neutrogena Multi-Defence Daily Moisturiser SPF 25 - 
I have much love for this product for many reasons. Firstly, you can choose your skin type – it comes in Normal/Combination, Dry/Sensitive, and All Skin Types. Most days I use the one for Normal/Combination, as most days I have oily skin. It’s a lovely lightweight cream that doesn’t feel like it could possibly have SPF25 in it (cause you know, they are usually very greasy).  During the winter, and/or when I’m on medication for my oily skin, I use the one for Dry/Sensitive skin, and it’s a much richer lotion but still not greasy or thick. Once again, this is one of my bargain buys and is £7.99.

 Dr Jart Most Moist Water Max Sleeping Mask –
  Unfortunately, this is soooo not a bargain buy, but I do love it as my night regime, and at a recent facial I was told my moisture levels were great which I put down to this product. I’m definitely on the hunt for a cheaper one though so any ideas, please feel free to let me know! What I’m trying to avoid is products in jars as I’ve read and heard lots now that it’s just not hygienic and that the product in the jar becomes contaminated with the constant contact with air. So, one of the things I love about this Dr Jart is that it’s in a pump action bottle. The lotion itself is cool and a lovely gel like consistency that feels amazing on the skin. It really feels like you are giving your skin some TLC. It smells really fresh but is only a very light scent, and the bottle is so pretty don’t you think? Now for the bad news. It’s £26.00 :0( That’s the only bad thing I have to say about it though……..

Ponds Eye contour cream
I’ve added an eye cream into my regime because I, ahem, turned 40 this year.  I am a big fan of botox and it has done me proud in the crows feet area for about 3 or 4 years now, but I just wondered if an eye cream could add anything else. I think to be honest I just felt guilty about not using one because so many beauty type people have told me I really should be “at my age”. I’m dabbing some of this on my eye area morning and night, and have been for about 3 weeks now and so far…… I can’t see even a slight difference. Not really sure what I’m looking for though to be honest. At £7.99 it wasn’t too expensive but I think I’ll just use up the pot and then go back to not using one. Shhhhh, don’t tell the professionals!

No comments:

Post a Comment