Friday 25 January 2013

Laura Geller Baked Highlighter in French Vanilla
Laura Geller Wide Awake Eye Duo
Love it love it love it, Holy Grail product, new essential part of my makeup kit! About a year or so ago, I decided that I wanted to start using a highlighter, simply because I had learnt what they can do for your face and I felt like I needed a radiance boost and some contouring.

I don’t particularly like to put highlighter on the top of my cheekbones, cause I happen to have some crows feet there and highlighter just seem to draw attention to them. I do however, like a little stroke on the nose, some on that little dark corner on the inner eyelid, the brow bone, and cupids bow because any help I can get making my lips look plumper is grabbed with both hands!

I have tried a gazillion highlighters and was getting to the point where I thought maybe they weren’t for me after all, or I would just start using concealer instead. They all seemed to be too white, or have too much shimmer & sparkle, and at this ahem, 40+ age, I’m not looking to sparkle & shimmer too much. Then my lovely QVC package arrived with this cute little baked highlighter and aaaaaah, it was just my eyes that were sparkling!

The first thing I love is that it’s small. Highlighter is not a product that should run out quickly, so there is no need for huge packaging. It fits into the palm of my hand and will be perfect for travelling. When I opened it, I could see instantly it wasn’t too white but instead was exactly as described – vanilla. Then I swatched it and nope, no sparkle to be seen, but it does have a sort of mild sheen to it which is lovely and subtle.

I have used it two days in a row and amazingly it seems to last all day which is a bonus. Downsides? None so far. It cost me £20.00 from QVC but that was a 2 part set that also included an eye brightening eyeliner which is also pretty good. I don’t see me buying another highlighter now for a few years, so that’s a pretty good investment in my book.
Oh, and the ey brightening eyeliner is pretty good too, definately makes your eyes look wider and more awake if you put it in the waterline....

No comments:

Post a Comment