Friday 28 January 2011

Shiseido Automatic Fine Eyeliner



Eyeliner, what can I say, I think I’m slightly obsessed with it! No surprise I guess since this is a blog dedicated to all things beauty….

I wouldn’t be seen without my liquid eyeliner, top and bottom, and I’m always in search of the perfect one. After the first couple of uses of this Shiseido Automatic pen, I thought I might have just cracked it. Alas no. Very nearly though!

Good points – the pen is small and neat and doesn’t take up much room in your make up bag. It is easy enough to use with just a quick click on the button at the end, and it releases just the right amount of liquid each time. There’s no messing around with a separate brush as is needed with the fashionable cream/gel eyeliner pots, making it very portable.

The liquid is quite thin, sets very quickly, and stays put very well too. I applied it at 6.30am and it was still almost perfect at 7pm, but for a few tiny gaps/flakiness on the lower lid. It’s surprisingly easy to remove – day one I took it off with my usual oily eye make up remover, but day two I just used a wet flannel with no product (in the shower and in a rush that day hehe), and it came off with hardly any rubbing required.

The line it produces is very slightly glossy, and very black which I personally love.

Bad Points – perhaps this shouldn’t really be called bad points, but rather “The reason it doesn’t come up to my overly high standards”. What I’m going to write here just sounds so petty but there you are.

The brush is a real brush as opposed to a felt tip pen type end, which is a plus for me usually, but I can’t seem to control the thickness of the line with this. I like a fairly bold line but this just seems to produce a line that’s a bit too thick for me. I can only assume it’s because the brush itself is too thick.

So, for now I’m going to stick to my MAC fluid line and keep the Shiseido one for holidays, or maybe even stick in my handbag for emergency touch ups :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment