Sunday 30 January 2011

Hairdryers



My fussiness is not restricted to cosmetics, oh no. I apply it to every area of my life, so once my Hairdryer starting to smell of burning, I knew I was in for a hairdryer hunt. Much as I loved my Toni and Guy, I just couldn’t get on board with the joystick control, coupled with the fact I always seemed to be accidently pressing the cool shot and thinking the dryer was broken (not so bright me sometimes!).

I did my internet research of course and then took a trip to both Sally’s and Boots, much I’m sure to the assistants dismay in both shops as I preceded to ask them to unbox about 4 hairdryers a piece so I could examine them. I finally settled on the Babyliss Bellisimo 2400W and the research was worth it, I don’t even need a “Good Points/Bad Points” paragraph :0)

My requirements for my hairdryer of perfection were as follows:

  • Lightweight – I don’t want arm/neck ache after each blow dry
  • Salon length power cord and a hanging loop
  • 3 Heat and 2 speed settings
  • Concentrator nozzle
  • Super fast drying speed
  • Any high tech stuff a bonus – ionic, ceramic, etc
The babyliss bellissimo has all of the above. It’s extremely lightweight and has shaved quite a few minutes off my drying time, and it has both ionic and ceramic technology (not that I know what these do but they sound impressive don’t they!). At around £50, it’s not cheap, but worth the investment I’d say.
 
Also worth a mention I think is the travel dryer pictured above by Mark Hill. I don’t know about you, but I haven’t found a hotel hairdryer worth using thus far in my life, and I’m pretty sure I have bought every travel dryer on the market only to be further disappointed by the lack of power and/or heat/speed choices. That is until I bought the Mark Hill style and go dryer. It’s a little bigger than most travel dryers granted, but it produces impressive power and heat, and what’s more, it’s currently half price in boots at the moment so just £19.99. Bargain. 

Now all I need is to find mini/travel straighteners that can do more than warm my hair up a bit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment