Monday 27 May 2013

St Moritz Self Tanner
To my shame, I’ve realised I can be a beauty snob. I had heard of St Moritz Self Tanner from the girls at work singing its praises, but to me it appeared to be a cheap St Tropez knock off, and I didn’t believe it could be as good.

Fast forward a few months, I’m watching a beauty You Tuber that I highly respect, and her monthly favourites include St Moritz. I realize I need to check this stuff out, and at £2.99 a bottle, what’s the worst that can happen. Aaargh, streaky, patchy, way too dark tan could happen, but I’ll make sure I use it on a Friday night so I have the weekend to scrub myself back to normal! I head off to Semichem where they have a stock of St Moritz, and I get myself the Mousse in Medium, along with an applicator mitt………

I’m not brave enough for my first attempt to be on my face, so I decide that my arms will be a good testing ground. Exfoliation, check. Moisturization, check. I squeeze one pump onto the mitt and immediately start the distribution, and this is where the amazement begins. This is what I noticed:
  • The smell is a little bit like St Tropez, but much nicer and less “Tanny”
  • It’s extremely easy to apply and spread evenly
  • It dries quickly and needs barely any blending
  • One pump covers one arm and unlike with St Tropez, I could actually leave the house with it at this stage (St Tropez can be too dark & patchy at this initial application on me).
So far so wonderful. I carried on with my life and when I woke up the next day my immediate thought was “Uh oh, do I want to see what my arms look like now it’s developed?”. YES is the answer! The tan was a beautiful colour with not a streak in sight.

One small buyer beware note: I got overconfident on my 2nd arm application, didn't exfoliate etc, and put twice the amount of product on as I wanted to go darker. My arms were fine but my hands were a patchy disaster. This was my fault of course but it shows that this is not a lazy girls product!

Semichem sell all of the St Moritz formulations – lotion, mousse, both in either Medium or Dark, the applicator mitt and even a shimmering body soufflé, and none a penny over £3!

This product has my solid seal of approval, albeit a late to the party opinion. It faded nicely and the only other very small negative I could find is that the colour only lasted 2 days, but I may try the dark next time and at this price, that’s fine with me.

Newly Bronzed Goddess, over and out :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment