Saturday 13 July 2013

Face Of The Day....



My visit to the MAC counter this week had the purpose of buying 2 lipsticks. Is it wrong that I feel strangely proud of the fact that the only “extra” item I bought was an eye shadow?! Anyhow, I adore all 3 products already and I haven’t even worn one of the lippies ha-ha.

Today I’m wearing the eye shadow I bought, “Paradisco”, on the lid, then “Texture” (also MAC) in the crease, and all blended out with “Orb” (you guessed it, MAC). I’ve had the same feeling today as I do when I put on my other peachy combo - Samoa Silk & Brule, in that in some lights I love it, other light it just looks slightly odd. I do think that this colour combo would look phenomenal on a darker skin though….

On my lips I have one of the little gems I bought from MAC yesterday too, in “Plastique” which to my mind bears no resemblance whatsoever to the colour. It’s a golden dark peachy mid bronze (Oooh Kaz, too many words to describe one colour!). Plastique, as far as I’m aware, is the French word for plastic. Relativity? Nope, I’ve no idea either.

Colour name aside, I do love it which is a relief because not long after buying it, I looked at it and thought, “Monsieur Lipstick, I think you might have been a mistake”. It’s much more natural than I imagined, and the bonus is that it stays on really well.


Purchase number 3 was an oh so stunning red lipstick that you may well have heard of – Ruby Woo. Bright bright red and I’m told it is one that has a slightly blue undertone (I NEVER see blue in red lipsticks, don’t really understand that) but that it is a colour that will suit every skin tone. We’ll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment