Friday 1 March 2013


Favourite Perfumes

I am super super fussy when it comes to perfume, and not only that, but my husband is too, so when I find one we both like, you can guarantee it’s going to be on my dressing table for a long time!

I must admit though,  I’m now getting a bit bored of my current collection of perfume, and would love to buy a new one but just can’t seem to find one that I like and my husband doesn’t hate (I adore the new Issay Miyake Intense but my Kev thinks the Jasmine smell is “granny”!).

These are the current ones on my dressing table, starting with my favourite perfume of all time:

Alexander McQueen Kingdom


Why oh why did they discontinue this? It always happens to me! This is, in my opinion, the perfect mix of musk and sensual notes to make it a gorgeous evening wear perfume. It’s really strong (something I love, I’m not into these light perfumes as they don’t last very long on my skin) and has base notes of Oakmoss, and top notes of Mandarin & Lemon, Cumin and Rhubarb.
  

 

Dolce & Gabbana light blue

I still love this oldie but goody, but I can smell that it’s a bit outdated and quite frankly my dear I don’t give a damn :0) It’s probably the strongest smelling perfume I own and it lasts all day and beyond. It has base notes of cedar wood, and top notes of Lemon and Apple.

 
Elemis Exotic
This was a surprise find that I discovered whilst in a spa waiting room. It’s really fresh with a touch of Exotic as the name suggests. I actually purchased my small bottle from ebay for a bargain and am just about to use the last few drops. This is a nice day perfume that isn’t too overpowering and would be great layered with the body lotion.

 

 Chloe

This is my 2nd all time favourite perfume, and is one that I would describe as powdery, if you know what I mean?! Very clean smelling (not that others smell dirty hehe). This has base notes of cedar wood & amber, and top notes of lemon and pink pepper, and can be overpowering if not sprayed lightly.

 
Armani She
A very feminine fragrance, it’s another one that has powdery scents to it and is really light but lingers all the same. It has base notes of sandalwood and Tonka bean (whatever that is!), and top notes of Mandarin and Tuberose. This is one of those fragrances that is old but classic and I just don’t think it will ever go out of fashion. They used to do a “White” version in an all white bottle but they discontinued it unfortunately. The bottle is lovely and I particular enjoy perfume that you can grab and spray, and by that I mean that it doesn’t have a separate top, the spray is embedded in the bottle. If I can’t decide which perfume I’m “in the mood” for, this is the one I reach for.

 

Narcisso Rodriquez Musc Edition

Now, this is going to sound a bit weird when I tell you that this has a slight smell of germolene. Strange I know, but I really don’t mind medical smells and I work in a hospital, so maybe that explains it! It’s quite strong when first sprayed but doesn’t last for many hours and I seem to go through phases of using this daily, then getting fed up with the scent. Definitely an acquired taste this one!

Other favourites that I don’t currently have are Chanel Chance, a really sophisticated not too strong but still with depth perfume, and Mont Blanc Presence d’une femme, another powdery feminine one that I think it only now available online.


Any suggestions for my next indulgence?

No comments:

Post a Comment