Tuesday 19 March 2013


Nail studs


How funky are these? I love em I do :0) I got them from Ebay for £1.89 including postage.

They arrived yesterday and I was a bit alarmed when I saw how tiny they were and I wasn't sure I’d be able to master getting them on my nails – I don’t have the steadiest of hands. I’m so impatient to try new stuff, and these were no exception but as luck would have it, I had one odd coloured nail, so I decided to try the studs out on this one nail on each hand.

My plan was to use nail glue and put a tiny blob on the plastic that the nail studs had been in and then use tweezers to pick up the studs, dip them in the glue then onto my nail. This plan was promptly scuppered when I realized my glue had dried up. Not to be prevented from trying exciting new stuff, I decided that I’d try it with nail varnish.

I took out the 12 studs I thought I’d need, and another 4 to allow for dropping and/or mistakes. I laid them out on a piece of paper and turned them the right way up with the tweezers. I quickly found that my normal tweezers were useless but the ones for ingrown hairs that are really pointy were perfect (not overjoyed at that as they are expensive ones but hey ho, see my previous comment about being inpatient – am going to buy some cheaper ones from Boots!).

I then put a layer of top coat on – I used the Rimmel top coat, and I quickly placed the 6 studs, and moved them gently into alignment. I waited for about 2 minutes, then added a top coat of Seche Vite, which is my holy grail top coat that is thick and dries super quick but smells oh so strong so don’t use it if you have a headache. I waited another 2 minutes, and applied another coat of Seche Vite, and hey presto, this is the result. I thought they might feel a bit fragile, as if they’d come off, but not at all and I think nail varnish is what I’ll use going forward.

Yippee, new nail toys he he. They also come in silver.

Any other nail adornments I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment