Thursday 18 April 2013


MAC Cranberry Eye Shadow Dupe

So I ordered a new eye shadow from the NYX website for £4 thinking it was a colour that I didn’t currently own but that would compliment my neutral palette just nicely. The colour I chose in the single eye shadow was “Rust”.

When it arrived I knew I loved it, but there was something familiar about it. As it was called Rust, it didn’t immediately make me think of Cranberry, and I actually thought it was a dupe for Antiqued. However, after half an hour of making a complete mess of my hand with swatches, I found the one. I’d say it is about 99% a dupe for Cranberry.


Here you can one heavy swipe on my fingers, and then 2 layers on my hand – can you guess which is which from the swatches?

Cranberry is on the right here, and on top below. 
The Rust one is ever so slightly more orange, which I guess you’d expect since its called Rust. It’s barely noticeable though, and it’s all in the application anyway isn’t it :0)

The pigmentation of both seems to be the same to me, and having tried out the NYX rust, I would say it’s just as easy to use and blend as MAC Cranberry, there really isn’t anything to tell them apart.

The only thing I’d say is that to make it cheaper than buying a MAC cranberry pro palette eye shadow for £10, you’d have to want to order more than one thing from the NYX Website otherwise the postage will mean there is barely a saving. I can certainly recommend the NYX cosmetics however, and my next post will be on that very thing, having recently discovered their goodies!


No comments:

Post a Comment