Thursday 4 April 2013


Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

What’s it For: Large deep cysts - pre & post eruption
What it Claims: To absorb excess oil, reduce redness & irritation, quickly dry up open, infected pimples.
Key Ingredients: Sulphur, Talc, Kaolin
Price: £11.5 – 14g

I must confess, I haven’t been using this as directed, mostly because I luckily haven’t had an erupted blemish to put it on since I received it. I have however, been using it as a last step, as a kind of finishing powder. It does actually look like a mineral powder foundation – unfortunately it’s a bit too green to use as such! No problem at bedtime though :0)

The correct way to use it is to apply to infected or raw erupted blemishes with a cotton bud and it can be put under the Drying lotion or for oily skin it can be put under the drying mask.

There is no smell to the powder, no stinging at all, and you can feel that it immediately mattifies the skin and absorbs oil. In fact, I wish this was more in a skin colour and I would happily use it as my face powder. I might even mix a bit in with my own loose face powder!

I’m undecided as to if I would repurchase this – I think I probably would although I’d happily try the cheaper alternative first which is ELF Blemish Kit and it has Sulphur & Kaolin in it. I say cheaper, but it’s £7.50 for 3.3g so you get less than a third than with Mario Badescu for only £4 cheaper. The thing that would attract me to trying the ELF one though, is that it is more like skin colour at least!

Next, Mario Badescu Healing Cream………………

No comments:

Post a Comment