Thursday 4 April 2013


Mario Badescu Drying Mask

What it’s for: Large deep cysts - pre & post eruption or Oily Skin
What it claims: Helps clear/dry acne eruptions
Key Ingredients: Sulphur, Calamine
Price: £18.5 - 59ml

This is a treatment mask, and the idea is that you alternate using it with the healing & soothing mask, so one day drying mask, one day healing & soothing mask.

The first thing I have to tell you about this mask is that it does not smell very nice at all, which I guess must be the high sulphur content. It’s not a deal breaker for me, since the strong smell comforts me that there is some strong stuff at work in the fight against my troubled skin.

For oily skin, you can use this mask with the special healing powder underneath, and for specific acne eruptions you can put the buffering lotion underneath. I have been using it for the past week, about every other night, with the buffering lotion underneath.

Other than the smell, it’s a very nice mask, lovely formula that’s easy to apply and this mask doesn’t crumble as the silver powder one did. It dries fairly quickly depending on how thick you put it on of course.

My skin is general has lots of little pimples under the skin, and the addition of a troublesome lump in the last few days, and I have to say that this mask doesn’t seem to have had much effect on the overall state of my skin i.e. the little pimples, but the lump is definitely not progressing in the way in normally would.

I could find nothing much cheaper than the Mario Badescu Drying Mask with Sulphur in it, but there is a similar product - Origins “Out of trouble” which is £20 for 100ml so you get quite a lot more. However, the Drying Mask is another one that will last a long time as you only need a small amount to cover a large area.

The Mario Badescu mask also has the addition of Calamine lotion which is calming, and I like the idea of this as with all the products I’m using, I have noticed a slight redness on my skin and it feels ever so slightly tender. My skin hasn’t dried out despite all these blemish treatments I’m throwing at it, but I suspect it’s because of the ingredients like calamine and Aloe that are included in the Mario Badescu range.

I would definitely repurchase this one, but I imagine it’ll dry out before it runs out, since it’s in a jar.

Last but by no means least, Mario Badescu Healing & Soothing Mask…………

No comments:

Post a Comment