Thursday 4 April 2013


Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

What’s it For: Large deep cysts - pre & post eruption
What it claims: Clears/dries up & soothes whiteheads overnight.
Key Ingredients: Sulphur, Salicylic Acid, Calamine
Price: £17.50 - 29ml

This is the most interesting of all the products I have tried for my poor skin, and the funny thing about it is that you are not supposed to shake it, but have to leave the bottle upright and let it settle! I found that very hard at first, its like telling a child to not touch sweets in front of them!

I now leave the bottle in the bathroom so it doesn’t get shaken about it my Vanity case. This is for single troublesome spots, and this is the first product I tried so have used it extensively before I purchased any of the other products.

You put a cotton wool bud into the bottle gently and pick up the pink sediment in the bottom of the bottle, and you put that thickly onto the spot, normally at night so you can leave it on overnight. The special healing powder can be put underneath this is things are looking really bad!

I have had a great experience with this lotion, and it’s the reason I went on to purchase the whole product line for blemished skin. It feels very calming and minty on application, even though it can sting a bit on open blemishes. It really feels like its instantly working and although it didn’t work a miracle and the spot was gone in the morning, it was certainly hugely reduced. So much so that it made it possible to cover up the spot whereas the day before it had been impossible, and usually it stayed that way for 3-4 days.

Sulphur is the main ingredient in this, along with calamine lotion and Salicylic Acid. Sulphur dries skin out & causes it to peel, thus unblocking pores & reducing oiliness. I could not find another product with the same combination of ingredients, and neither is there to my knowledge a cheaper product with Sulphur in it. Murad do a product with Sulphur & Salicylic Acid but it is the same price as this one but without the skin calming Calamine.

If you can only afford to buy one of these products, this is the one I would suggest and I would 100% repurchase. I will make sure I’m not without this stuff now I’ve found it.

Next, Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment