Thursday 4 April 2013



Mario Badescu Healing Cream

What it’s for: Large deep cysts - post eruption
What it claims: Speeds up healing process, prevents scarring, soothes & minimizes redness, & can be used in the place of regular moisturizer
Key Ingredients: Sulphur, Balsam Peru
Price: £15.50 - 14ml

This is a pale green tinted cream that can be used either before, or instead of moisturizer. It has a very slight herbal/medical smell, not unpleasant; in fact I quite like it!

It’s much creamier than the drying cream, it certainly doesn’t leave that matt skin feeling, but neither does it feel particularly moisturising. I have used this on my chin instead of moisturizer whilst trying out the whole Mario Badescu range of products over the past few weeks, and I expected that my chin would become dry as it has with other treatments, but I was pleasantly surprised that that wasn’t the case.

I definitely think this would be a nice cream to use if your skin was feeling a bit red and raw but I haven’t been at that stage so far. I do unfortunately have a horrid lump that has appeared on my chin, so that may at some point be red and sore and if so, I will reach for this healing cream and the healing & soothing mask. I have to say though; the aforementioned lump has reduced in size dramatically overnight with the combination of products I used (explained later in “Your personal schedule” but basically drying mask, drying cream, drying lotion, & healing powder).

I won’t decide if I’ll repurchase this until I have the chance to see if it helps my skin when it is more in need of something soothing, and I think it will last a long time anyway as you don’t need much of the cream per use.

Balsam Peru is a wound healing product that I haven’t found in any other product, but this cream is £14.50 for 14ml so fairly expensive, and you could buy Clearisil Adult Tinted Treatment cream (18ml) for £6.48 for boots which has the Sulphur element in it.

Next, Mario Badescu Drying Cream……..

No comments:

Post a Comment